Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A Generation Late

I was born a generation late.

It proves itself time and time again.

Take a moment to peruse the following:






I






















The above are the artists of my Dad's generation. When our parents look back on their formative years, and smile about those moments, hanging out with friends, grabbing a milkshake from the A&W, brushing off the old turntable, and throwing on an LP, these are the men they are talking about.

When I'm 55, and my son asks, 'Dad, when you were my age, what did you listen to??' I'll smile, look up into the clouds and think back on those glorious moments.. I'll remember the ups and downs, the laughter and the tears... I'll think about the music that moved me, that stretched me to new heights... the music that I loved, with its power to change the world, to spur growth and renewal... and I'll look my son in the eye, and I'll say.. 'son.....

















When I was a teenager, I pretty much just listened to James Taylor........

J

No comments: