Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The End

The Jays are screwed. NY was fine. Game one was the best I'd ever seen, and it all looked like gold, but they got the better of us, and I was ok with that. Even Boston was alright. You get beat by better teams early, you turn it around, find your stride, and win when it counts. But then it was 3 straight to the Braves. Seriously, how old is Chipper Jones?

Yesterday to the O's was my backbreaker.

To quote Dan O'Toole from this morning's Sportscentre: "And you're not going to believe this ladies and gentlemen... but an RBI last night for Vernon Wells. That's right.. his first in 18 games. And let me remind you, folks..... he's hitting cleanup."

Don't worry Vernon. When you hit rock bottom, you'll almost certainly land softly on a pile of roughly $15 million.

Jeff, meet me on the deck tonight for a cheap scotch and a bad cigar. It's Red Label, and it bites on the way down, and the cigar cost $1.25, but given the circumstances, I think it'll do just fine.

6 comments:

Jimmy Whitfield said...

you should be ashamed of the way that you belittle johnny walker.

well, since you're growing accustomed to professional sport related heartache maybe you should join chuck, jeph, and i in football.

Jeph Maags said...

we have lost 7 straight and still are 1.5 games off the division lead, and .5 game back on the wild card. do not lay down and play dead already. it's still may!! if you need some inspiration, watch the highlights from the rays/indians game last night. teaches you never to give up.

im assuming this means you are not joining me on saturday for the jays/red sox?

Jon Bartel said...

I've lost my heart. everything is negative right now, Jimmy. I know there will come a time where I will make the turn, grab hold of the hope that I once held. And hopefully sooner than later. But today is not that day.

And Jeffy, what'you got? one extra ticket? remind me of cost?
JB

Jeph Maags said...

MAN!!! ROMERO is back TONIGHT!!! If there's ever a reason to have hope, watch this game.

Right now I have 2 tickets that are both being used, but I have a flex pack and can add tix as I please. So if you and Kar would like to come, $28 a piece, row 4 behind the bullpen.

Jon Bartel said...

mmm.. no comment. i'll save my excitement for the post-win celebration.

count me out. turns out i'm standby for overtime this weekend. blurg.

JB

Chuck D said...

Jon, If there's anything you could learn from me, it's having optimism while cheering for a loser team. Jimmy is also quite good at it.

Go Lions!