Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Let's go.

Coming into summer has a way of turning my thought process around. Winter is about conservation. Energy, heat, time... everything seems fleeting in the colder months.

Working on the negative side of the ledger is always frustrating to me. I've never been particularly inclined to put my energy into saving money, for example, when the same energy might be spent earning it. And so, as the oppressive dark lifts into longer days, warmer evenings, and brighter mornings, a subtle shift in mindset is the push-off into my best months.

This summer is going to mean something. I have an awareness right now that's been absent for a while. I'm doing my best work... hearing things like I haven't before. I have a sense that the ceiling is climbing. Karen is going to be coming into a new stretch as well, which will change things in our home.

This is life, right? We live, we juggle. It's utterly unwieldy, and stunningly simple in one glance. One day's matrix of goals, plans, and ideas, boils down into another day's simple question: "what do you want to be?"

I want to create excellent work that is something to listen to. I want to be a master on the BBQ. I want to drink a fine scotch, and know the difference. I want to be able to articulate my thoughts, and understand theirs. I want to walk fast, but experience slow. To make the most of every hour of every day, and then to be able to remember what they looked like later on.

Like taking a photo with both eyes open.
JB

1 comment:

Mel said...

AND, should you ever want to travel and experience culture like you never have before, I know of an amazing place!!! You're always welcome...