Sunday, May 9, 2010

A great day!!

Sooo... Kar leaves for Leamington and I'm flying solo on a Sunday afternoon in cold, semi-snowy Toronto. What to do?

Food day!!!

Now, I'm no minx in the kitchen. I don't really have the serious skills, and everything I make would generally fall under the category labeled "simple". But I do love it.

So... ready to go? Come with me!!:









One of my favorites. Potato and Leek soup. Several yellow potatoes, chopped onion, two full leeks, one large sweet potato, two medium sized carrots, chopped, and most of a medium sized butternut squash. Pureed (or in my case, blended..) after slow cooking. Add a slosh of milk or cream, two table spoons of butter, let sit, and enjoy:




Next up.. drinks. Nothing particularly exciting in the fridge, but some Motts kicking around, and a few other odds and ends. Caesar time! 1.5 ounces of Vodka, Motts Clamato, a dash of Worcestershire, a dash of tabasco, Celery garnish in a salt/pepper rimmed glass:








And to finish? A bullet. Fresh strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries, with plain yogurt and So Good vanilla soy milk. Sooooo goood!!!!!:








And for this evenings entertainment... AVATAR. With my eyes closed. Gotta love aggressive sound design in a completely computer generated environment. All in all.. a killer day to end a killer weekend!





Salut!
JB

2 comments:

Cyndy said...

Oh MY! I don't know why you didn't invite me. Looks incredible, indeed. And I thoroughly enjoy your choice in movies as well - Avatar is INSANE. It's pure genius and it's creativity at its best.

Unknown said...

jonny ... i love your blog, I am pretty much a newbie to WP stuff ... just getting my site reverted to WP but you write well and i am still quite amazed at the diversity in the Bartel Clan ie the Artsy side ... and then the task driven peeps :)