Thursday, November 27, 2008

face

Well, my better half turned 24 yesterday. she's totally awesome! and also... 'For She's a Jolly Good FELLLOOWWWW...' here's a picture of us in case you've forgotten what either of us look like:



so last night we were at the swiss for dinner, and as a direct result of my shameless attention seeking and karen's love of capturing moments via photgraphy, a small and slightly embarrassing photo session ensued.

the results, of course, have already made their way to facebook, so most of you are probably up to speed. to put it bluntly, i can do unattractive and slightly appalling things with my face sometimes, so for whatever reason, i started making nasty faces, and kar started snapping pictures. anyway, it got a bit out of hand a few times (it really did go on for a surprisingly and probably somewhat unnecessarily long time). specifically, when i was in the middle of a really scrunched up, wretched little piece, and suddenly the waitress, clearly perturbed with the fact that we were making her other patrons uncomfortable, came over to ask if we wanted more drinks. unfortunately, when i descend into the depths of thought required in order to manufacture a face as hideous as this, it taxes me to the full extent of my concentration, and so for the first second or so of looking over to see who was talking, the face remained in tact, and was directed solely, and with full force, at the clearly uncomfortable and somewhat frightened waitress.

bbaahahaha... of course, kar has the camera, and looks totally cool and collected. i, on the other hand, am a mess. it takes a while to recover from stretching your mouth open as wide as you possibly can while bugging out your eyes.


we gotta get a christmas tree soon baby! i wonder if Ikea still has the $10.00 tree special on? who buys there tree at Ikea? we do friends, we do.

live
JB

2 comments:

Jimmy Whitfield said...

dude those pictures were nuts. i laughed when i read this because of course, i played the whole thing out in my head.

Mel said...

I'm pretty sure I haven't laughed out loud as hard as I just did reading your blog in quite some time! Brookie is sitting on my lap as I type, and I think she was slightly appalled at the picture of you as well. Can't wait to see you guys....