Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hey Bud

I'm starting to think that you're not allowed to work at TSN unless you call everybody 'bud'.

"Thanks for the tapes bud."
"Hey, nice work on that NHL Radio mix bud!"
"How's it going today bud?"

Bud is completely different than Buddy.

"Hey buddy," says, 'hey person who's companionship I enjoy.... hey friend who I think of as my peer and my equal..'

"Hey bud" says, 'hello small child who I consider to be my inferior and who I'm attempting to shepherd through a quaint new phase in this terrifying world of grownups to which I belong and in which I excel due to my superiority when viewed in comparison with you..'

Guys who say "Hey bud.." are a special breed. They play in rec sports leagues every Thursday night and drive cars like Jeeps, with the doors off in the summer.

JB

1 comment:

Chuck D said...

good call!

and i can definetly see a guy like that driving a jeep without doors. Here in leamington those are the type of people that also "cruise the dock". And they certainly wear sunglasses even when it's cloudy.