Thursday, March 13, 2008

AC30


It's thursday. Here's the game plan:

Heading home on Friday night for a weekend of recording. Electric guitars are on the schedule. I'm heading over to Long and McQuades tonight to pick up a Vox AC30 for the weekend.

AC30s are the sound of a lot of records that I tend to like.. they're used a lot when it comes to that silvery smooth overdrive or warm clean tones... U2. That's basically what you need to know. The Edge uses AC30s. Oh, and Jim Adkins.. Jimmy Eat World.

So I called, and apparently they've got a 2x12 AC30cc with Celestion Blubacks. I guess that's good. I'm somewhat new to the world of 'classic guitar amps', but I gather that those speakers sound fantastic, so that's cool. Sounds like I'm going to be able to get my hands on Gleason's guitar (not sure what it actually is, now that I think of it..) and his pedal board, which has a compliment of options, as well as his 4x12, and then Chuck's Les Paul, and Hopper's JCM head too. Should make for a bunch of options in terms of sound. I'm excited to hear a bunch of these tunes with a more filled-out sound. Minus the bass tracks, I'll have a pretty clear picture of the everything as far as where each tune is headed.

I'll check back in when I get back.

Later.
J

No comments: