Friday, March 28, 2008

Morning Brew

So at about 10am this morning you could find me sitting at my desk knocking back a Starbucks black with a shot of baileys. And my friends, that's why we get so much done in the TV business!! somebody decided that it was pertinent to have a small social get together with starbucks and liquor in the EPI office as a celebration of the fact that... well... it is Friday.

Anyway, you won't find me complaining.

Though you might find me sleeping.. at my desk.

Good ol' discovery channel. If there's one thing I'll miss, it's the fact that they have office parties for almost everything.

Corporate Email: 'Hey everybody, we just finished Forensic Factor Season 4, so everyone come out and meet us all at the Keg for a Lunch on the company dime, this Friday!'

Corporate Email: 'Hey everybody, we just finished the second episode of the 4th season of Forensic Factor so everyone come out and meet us all at the Keg for a Lunch on the company dime, this Friday!'

Corporate Email: 'Hey everybody. Melissa, who has been media logging for us for the past 3 weeks, is leaving because we don't really pay her much. We know you don't know her... we don't either. We think she's the little blonde haired girl who sits behind all those boxes in the production office logging footage we aren't going to use, day after day. Anyway, she's not coming, because she doesn't know any of us, and she lives in Barrie, but regardless, everyone come out and meet us all at the Keg for a Lunch on the company dime, this Friday!'

Corporate Email: Hey everybody. I just won Solitaire. Took me all morning too, but I finally got it where all the cards zoom across the screen until the whole thing is covered. I didn't play with the timer on, or with points, cause that always makes me a little nervous. Oh, and I also changed the settings so that it would only flip one card at a time. Makes it a little easier. So anyway, everyone come out and meet us all at the Keg for a Lunch on the company dime, this Friday!'


Oh, and so I spose I do have some exciting news. When I say 'that's one thing I'll miss', I say it in truth, as I will be making my graceful exit from Discovery Channel by the end of April (probably the third week in April actually). I'm moving over to CTV to work full-time for the audio team. It will be much like what I do when I work in audio right now, but every day. It's an exciting move for me, as I'll be doing what I love, and back in a position to grow and learn, and be around the people who speak my language. As opposed to being around tapes. All the time.

So anyway, I'm in the process of wrapping up my projects here, and tying up all the loose ends. Sooner than later I'll be training whoever they bring in to fill my position.

And then it'll be 'goodbye' to the library and the spreadsheets, and 'hello' to ProTools and microphones.

:)

J

4 comments:

Cyndy said...

Wicked. I'm SO, SO excited for you! It has been a long time coming and you deserve it.

Chuck D said...

Excellent News!
Congradulations! I can't spell

Also, I hope i get a corporate e-mail telling me to come to a farewell lunch at the keg.

Unknown said...

dang! I wanted to say something about the keg first!!

Congrats dude! Keep climbing that rope.

Mel said...

Sounds exciting Jon! Hoping to see you guys next month (if it works for Cyn and I to come home!)